Sunday, July 8, 2012

Okay..our big backpacking trip is now 2 weeks away..I have to say I am excited! I have practiced walking with my backpack increasing the weight each time. I do not want to be the wuss on this trip, especially since Kane the 5 year old can leave me in the dust!!

REI offers a beginning backpacking class for those of us who have never done a trip like this, what a blessing! I signed Grandpa and I up along with the older boys..called very excited to share this news and was surprised by the reaction. Nick the middle child wanted to know what it cost? I said it was free..he was re leaved and said he would let me know. Jordon said he would let me know. That was 2 weeks ago, I have talked with Mom who said she would let me know! Kane is too young to sit through a late evening talk on backpacking so I have not included him. I have called and called(yes I feel like a nag) and still the same answer. Well it is Sunday and the class is full with a waiting list( how much information in life do you get for free?) So after another round of calls with no answer. Grandpa and I are going to the class..and have even researched the John Muir trail for the late spring..................

..On into the future we go ..................................................................................................................


Grandma D

1 comment:

  1. Oh Sandi -
    Tough questions when dealing with teenagers. Don't know that there are any right answers. Just love them and be there for them, but I think it's fair to let them know you are disappointed they missed the class, were looking forward to spending time with them, and maybe they'll be interested in joining you next time.
    BTW, I've always wanted to go backpacking with my sons. Can't wait to hear how your adventure goes!
    Denise

    ReplyDelete