Tuesday, March 6, 2012

The Great Escape

People who do not live in a community..or village as those on the east coast would call it, may not understand the significance of an afternoon like this. a lot has happened today..it is M's Birthday which has so been over shadowed by K's accident this morning at pre-school! Small wonders calls here to tell me K was running full speed, slipped, tripped and put his front teeth through his lip! they do not have Mom's work number could I help..Oh God..yes!!!!

Talk to Mom as she runs from work with fear for her child..talk to Mom after the Doctor visit( they are all going to be okay, including Mom)...then in today's storm I discover that Ceaser..K's dog is gone.........Now I know we have all heard the stories of dogs who travel a thousand miles to get back to their families...is this Ceaser in this storm?? ..tomorrow is K day..he is hurt and will I have to tell him his dog is gone? Hurt? Dead? I do not want to do this!!!

Our friends and neighbors in true Rancho's style hit the road armed with Dog biscuits..leashes and what ever else they are comfortable with to find this precious dog! We cover the neighborhood and after 2 hours I am headed home hoping Ceaser remembers he gets a treat every day at 5!! We are pulling back into our driveway with heavy hearts..to find my best friend and walking partner waiting for us to let us know that she let Ceaser back into our back-yard!!! How do I thank these people enough for not only caring about a dog..but understanding what this means to our Grandchildren....what a wonderful place to raise a family, not just in the present but for generations to come! And thank you Ceaser for understanding this is now home!

No comments:

Post a Comment